C++ Engineer - Desktop
Engineering – Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a collaborative, proactive and well-rounded developer that will join the Remix team, working on Spotify's desktop client. You will help us work on the C++ and platform specific parts of the desktop client, with forays into the TypeScript UI layer to provide a compelling user experience. We are a small team, so you'll have a chance to make a big impact in the team. And above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Work on the C++ code base for the desktop client, including the interface to the Chromium Embedded Framework and our TypeScript UI layer, platform specific code for macOS/Windows, and Spotify's cross-platform Core library, which handles things like audio streaming/playback and communication with the backend
- Work on the TypeScript UI layer of the desktop client and other web surfaces
- Work on supporting backend services written in Java
- Build and maintain experiences that are enjoyed around the world
Who you are
- You deeply value cooperation and collaboration with others while solving complex problems and you really want to make a difference.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You have a growth mindset and are passionate about continuously growing your skill set and experience across different software languages and domains.
- You may already have some experience with React, test automation or backend services.
- You care about end-user experience, high quality code, agile values, modern engineering practices, and sharing what you know to help others grow.
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent such as Physics or Electrical Engineering
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.