Legal Program Manager
New York, NY /
Global Affairs – Global Affairs /
Spotify’s Legal Affairs team is growing. We’re facing innovative challenges that mirror the ground-breaking industry and product at the heart of our company. As we’ve expanded into more than 180 countries and our company has grown tremendously, we find ourselves facing new and interesting legal issues every day. As Legal Program Manager you will be responsible for driving the execution of a number of strategic initiatives within and involving the Legal Affairs team. The Legal Affairs team has lawyers and other professionals in more than 10 countries around the world and works on a broad range of initiatives that span nations, areas of the law, and business teams at Spotify. The Legal Program Manager is a key role that runs complex projects with varying technical, business, financial, product, and legal ramifications.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is independent, and proactive. Your projects often span offices and teams, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the projects’ progress and deadlines. Come join the band!
What you’ll do
- Program manage large and strategically important initiatives across the Legal Affairs team and in coordination with other teams at Spotify.
- Understand the holistic perspective, see how all the moving parts should tie together, and systemize them into a functioning program.
- Bring structure to ambiguity and address project/program roadblocks proactively to ensure on-time delivery.
- Quickly identify points of contention, conflict, or confusion and work to mitigate/escalate them.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with collaborators at multiple levels, including Legal, tech, product, business, and comms.
Where you'll be
- 5+ years Project/Program Management experience.
- Extensive experience running large, cross-functional projects; ease with communicating strategies, goals, and progress status.
- Comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- You work well as part of a team — you are very comfortable collaborating with individuals in a variety of roles, including lawyers, product managers, businesspeople, and communications professionals.
- Skilled at influencing, building trust and credibility, and inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels, without having formal authority.
- A “do-er” — you are willing to roll up your sleeves to help the program move forward.
- You are a problem solver, and can remain cool when problems come your way.
- You have excellent judgment.
Where you'll be
- This role is based out of New York
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.