Senior Manager - Design Systems (Remote Eligible - EMEA)
Design and User Experience – Platform /
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our central Design Systems squads. Spotify is a global brand, engaging throughout a wide variety of home-grown and partner-built applications to deliver incredible experiences on multiple form-factors. This is a key role to optimise product development and front-end engineering productivity while enabling product design with flexibility in UI evolvement and excellence in User Experience. This role sits within the Design Platform unit, which provides the infrastructure for product design.
What you'll do
- Be accountable for the broader business strategy behind Design Systems and define organizational metrics for its success
- Collaborate with the Design Leadership to establish and articulate a vision for advanced UI development
- Seek to be data-informed and customer-centric. Work with leads and senior executives to understand our aspirations and strategies
- Look for opportunities and alignments with centralized and decentralized Design Systems across Spotify, drive the business case for Design Systems adoption
- Lead a multidisciplinary and passionate team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Provide guidance and mentorship to an exceptional leadership team, working with them on professional development, output and productivity
Who you are
- You are a seasoned manager that can build and articulate a compelling vision
- You have experience in scaling product development, product design and front-end engineering in an enterprise setting
- You understand advances in UI/UX development
- You are an interdisciplinary collaborator, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission
- You build positive relationships across different areas and are an excellent communicator and storyteller
- You are an outstanding influencer with senior partners
- You are excellent at sorting out ambiguity to ensure your team has the appropriate information and direction needed
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.