Senior Design Manager - Social Discovery
Design and User Experience – Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced design lead to join our Platform & Partner Experience team who are tasked with considering how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including native desktops, tablets, web players, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more. We are specifically looking for an experienced design leader to run our new Social and Sharing product area.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the design leadership of Spotify’s Social and Sharing product area. The focus of the area is to deepen relationships between artists and fans by extending Spotify into their favorite apps & social media platforms.
- Find ways to encourage Spotify users and creators to distribute Spotify content on social media platforms, and empower creators to find and grow their audiences beyond Spotify’s own platform.
- Collaborate closely with your product, insights and tech counterparts to shape solutions that delight our users
- You will help set the tone for our partnerships (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok etc.) and advocate for quality when it comes to the Spotify experience as it is represented on external platforms
- Hire and grow the craft of hardworking designers for your product area and across Spotify
- You’ll take full design ownership of your product area, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, including how the work your team contributes to an overarching and holistic user experience.
Who you are
- You have practical management experience with designers in an agile product development environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in cross-functional teams through advocacy
- You have experience working with partnerships in some capacity and are comfortable working closely with companies such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- You are a leader with practical design chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller
- You are people-focused and have the right balance of gut, pragmatic intuition and a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through a variety of inputs – including trend analysis, benchmarks, user feedback and data insight
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge and fit right into our growth-focused culture
- You thrive in coaching teams to balance short term needs while keeping an eye on and contributing to long term strategic goals
- You are comfortable with balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your mission
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting a portfolio of work that represents who you are as a designer and leader. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.