iOS Engineer - Talk
Atlanta, GA /
Engineering – Talk /
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans, artists, and now podcasters. It's always been our mission to make audio more accessible for everyone, and create innovative ways for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Talk Vertical is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for audio creators. We have three platforms that help us deliver a great creator experience: Anchor (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free), Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify, and Greenroom (the platform that allows anyone to stream or listen to live audio).
We've done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of audio creation!
What You'll do:
- Help build the Anchor iOS App
- Prototype and develop new application features of all kinds, from creation tools to listening and sharing functionality
- Write bug-free code that runs quickly and is performant in all conditions
- Ensure the performance and quality of the Anchor iOS app
- Implement features based on both wireframes and completed designs
- Accurately estimate difficulty and time of work for projects
- See large, often complex projects through from conception to launch
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience building iOS apps
- One or more iOS apps you have worked on is in the App Store
- You have a background working with Swift
- Familiar with application profiling tools and are able to explain bottlenecks and issues found
- You have a strong foundation in object-oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns
- Experienced architecting and developing clean, reusable code
- You are familiar with git
- You care about the user experience of the products you work on, not only the functionality
- You have the ability to try things and iterate very quickly
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- You possess a persistent/driven work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You are interested in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You work well with cross-functional teams
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.