Business Strategy - Summer Internship
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
We are looking for a Business Strategy Intern to provide strategic, analytical, and program management support to help craft and execute key critical initiatives across Spotify’s Music, Studios, and Marketplace divisions. Additionally, you will help craft and develop key internal and external facing executive presentations. This role is an outstanding opportunity to deeply immerse oneself in the content side of the music and audio streaming industry. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you'll do
- Provide analytical and modelling support on Content BU strategy and operations projects
- Author and design presentations and briefing documents for senior members of the content business unit
- Assist in planning and execution projects and processes
- Help identify and analyze new business opportunities
- Assist in building data-driven, scenario-based models to evaluate business impact of a multitude of initiatives (e.g., partnerships, investments, acquisitions, etc.)
- Identify and supervise key market and competitive trends
Who you are
- You are a current sophomore, junior or senior in undergrad or first or final year Master's student, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Industrial Economics or a related field of study
- You preferably have some previous internship experience from consulting or investment banking
- You have project manager aspirations,
- You are curious about how things work and interested in new insights, technologies and problems
- You are detail oriented and thrive in solving sophisticated problems
- You want to learn more about building robust financial/business models using Excel, or Google Sheets
The Intern Experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it - and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn't just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 - Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 - March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 - April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.