[APP CLOSED] Summer Internship, Backend Engineer Intern | Platform Mission - Collaborative Learning (US)
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
The Platform team builds the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many roles, we work to make the business work; crafting the frameworks, capabilities, and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
Being part of this team you will learn how we approach building an impactful, equitable, peer-to-peer technical learning culture at Spotify and beyond -- one that empowers people to collaborate, move faster, and innovate. This role sits in the Collaborative Technical Learning Product Area, which provides industry-leading tools, learning experiences, and opportunities that help to level up teams and individuals across the globe.
What you'll do
- Partner with your engineering manager, software engineer lead, product owner, and product designer to scope and deliver the work on your internship project
- Work with our robust tech stack built with Java, GraphQL, SQL datastores, and cloud platforms like GCP/AWS.
- You will build innovative features, help write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- You will help craft beautiful user interfaces, but above all, your work will impact the way our industry understands developer experience as a product.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Vocational, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree or a Bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study and plan to graduate in 2024.
- You have done software development via prior internships, coursework, and/or projects and have some experience with designing and building backend services, ideally in Java.
- You are curious and a self-starter who’s looking to make an impact.
- You pride yourself on excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are currently in the final or penultimate year of your studies.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location. Preferably in New York.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is February 14th, 2023 at 10AM EST.
The United States hourly rate for this position is 33.00 USD (Undergraduate First Year & Sophomores), 42.00 USD (Undergraduate Juniors & Seniors), 49.00 USD (Masters) & 58.00 USD (PhD) per hour plus a one time intern stipend of 2,253 USD. This position is overtime eligible. These rates may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.