Studio Manager, Spotify Studios Brooklyn
New York, NY /
Content – Studios /
Spotify is looking for a Lead of Spotify’s Podcast Studio Facilities in Brooklyn.
About the Facility:
- Spotify Brooklyn Studios consist of 12 Podcast Studios & 1 Music Studio.
- The podcast studios 1-12 range from 1 person to 6 person sit in interview style recording with 1 microphone, 1 preamp and 1 headphone amp per microphone in each studio recording on to iMac/Mac Mini running Protools.
- Studio A (Music Studio) is a tracking and mixing recording studio. Mostly consists of a Live room(16 Mic Level XLR-F), Sound lock booth(4 XLR Mic/Line, and a control room with monitor speakers and talkback capability into live room and sound lock.
What You'll Do:
- This position is the "face" of the operation.
- This department has a supporting role to all production onsite.
- This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility.
- This position will oversee the activity of an operations lead and a technical lead.
- This position will manage the schedule of several internal creative group's usage of the facilities and troubleshoot bookings as necessary.
- This position will troubleshoot all activity related to the studio or the productions within.
Who You Are:
- In depth experience leading studio operations.
- You are calm in the face of changing priorities.
- You bias toward "yes."
- You are personable and positive in the face of daily challenges.
- You have some technical or production skill in the field of audio and/or video recording.
- You can juggle multiple tasks switching from urgent production issues to long term projects as well as managing the facility budget.
- You are a self starter that can manage yourself and local staff.
- You will be based onsite in our Brooklyn, NY Studios.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For NYC, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties.For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.