Experimentation Advocate - Senior Data Scientist (Remote Eligible EMEA)
Data and Analytics – Platform /
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
Spotify’s Mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
For understanding how people experience audio content through our product, Spotify depends on findings from our Experimentation platform.
We’re now looking for Data Scientists to join our Experimentation Engagement team. We’re especially on the lookout for you who are passionate about teaching experimentation practices to others or have experience from experimentation in a machine learning setting. Join us in enabling all Spotifiers to experiment, cultivate our experimentation knowledge base as well as develop the experimentation community at Spotify.
What You'll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, product managers and designers who are all passionate about creating an outstanding Data experience at Spotify
- Capture, cultivate and research experimentation practices that benefits Spotify
- Be part of crafting our internal experimentation courses and educate Spotifiers
- Build networks and communities around data informed product development, ensuring that teams are using the right statistical tools at the right time to improve insights.
- Help Spotify develop procedures for iterating fast while handling risks in a big data environment
- Work from our offices in Stockholm (With the current situation regarding COVID-19, this role will be remote until it's appropriate to work from the office).
Who you are:
- You have significant practical expertise in experimentation design and analysis methodologies and applied experimentation with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative field
- You have a strong foundation in causal inference methodology and identification, including topics like confounding, selection bias, and matching estimators.
- You have the competence to perform sophisticated analytics:
- You have worked with statistical hypothesis testing (power analysis, z-tests, sequential testing, chi-square tests, bootstrap)
- Experience creating insights with large datasets
- Experience with statistical modeling (regression analysis, panel-data modelling)
- Analytics and visualization tools experience (such as SQL, Tableau, R, Pandas)
- Coding experience (in languages such as Python, R)
- You’re passionate about the role of experimentation in improving a company’s potential as a data informed organisation.
- You’re phenomenal at building relationships, are an excellent communicator and you help people with different opinions align.
- You show people the value of your ideas by bringing them to life in tangible, innovative ways.
- You’re always looking for new ways to engage across subject areas to build engagement and cultivate a shared sense of ownership.
- As a community builder, you take an active interest in your own development and the development of people around you.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.