Data Scientist - Creation Platform
New York, NY /
Data and Analytics – Creation Platform Mission /
About Creation Platform
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans, artists, and now podcasters. It's always been our mission to make audio more accessible for everyone, and create innovative ways for creators and fans to connect with each other.
Creation Platform is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for audio creators. We have two platforms that help us deliver a great creator experience: Anchor, (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free;) and Spotify for Podcasters, (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify.
We've done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of audio creation!
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to conduct analysis of podcast creator behaviors in support of our growing podcaster products. You will analyze how podcast creators are engaging with our products, define measures of success, run & measure experiments, and make data-driven recommendations that enable the Podcaster Mission to make decisions that delight our users.
A successful candidate should love product insights and be deeply curious. You should have strong experimentation, metric & data creation, and data visualization skills as well as possess excellent communication skills to interface between technical and product teams!
This is an exciting opportunity to work on innovative projects and help develop the future of audio on Spotify!
What you'll do
- Conduct analysis of large datasets, extracting insights from product and segmentation data that will drive product decision-making.
- Define measures of success for product launches and other initiatives.
- Work with product on all things product experimentation. Find ideal testing opportunities, as well as set up and measure AB test results.
- Build dashboards and self-service tools to enable ongoing monitoring of features.
- Partner with user research to combine qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Develop and communicate recommendations to non-technical audiences determined by data.
- Develop a deep appreciation of the podcast creator landscape and how podcasters engage with our products.
Who you are
- Deeply curious; interested in how podcast creators create podcasts and the future of audio creation.
- 3+ years of demonstratable experience in an analytics role, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, economics, computer science)
- Comfortable navigating large datasets (advanced SQL), and using programming languages for analytics (Python/R).
- Experience visualizing data and/or building dashboards (Tableau). Natural communicator, who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a good attention to detail.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.