Senior Product Manager
Durham, NC or Remote, US /
Product Management /
Spreedly is the world's leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
We now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
The Senior Product Manager will work with the Product team to develop and refine our product strategy and discover and define new product and revenue stream opportunities.
As a part of this role, you will work closely with a few engineering teams, product & marketing designers, financial operations, strategic business development, marketing and other teams as well as the rest of the Product & Engineering organization. You will also work with cross-functional stakeholders such as Marketing, the Strategic Business Development team, Finance and other teams to make sure that there’s a cohesive strategy across the board.
You will have the opportunity to survey how payments work across the globe and to design new, cutting-edge experiences to unlock new, global payment volume for our customers.
- Collaborate with team members and business stakeholders to assess value, technical dependencies, and feasibility of product ideas.
- Prioritize requirements to meet customer and business needs
- Coordinate downstream releases so that current customers, prospects, and staff are aware of and trained on, and engaged with the evolving features and products
- Set a short- and mid-range roadmap of objectives that tie into organizational goals and the overall product strategy
- Collaborate with engineering on product design
- Lead the team in setting measurable and achievable short- and long-term goals
- Collaborate with engineering managers to define releases that map to higher level objectives, and articulate product requirements within releases to enable engineering to provide estimates and delivery updates
- Gather product feedback
- Conduct user interviews, coordinate usability testing, monitor usage metrics, etc.
- 5+ years in a product-related role, with solid understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle and release process
- B2B software industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical clients and stakeholders, as well as engage a team of product developers
- Ability to recognize opportunities for product improvements and new products
- Serve as a role model for product managers and a steward of the product culture at Spreedly
- Demonstrate fluency in understanding the intricacies of the payments ecosystem and the underlying technologies
- Facilitate the creation and tracking of revenue and product usage goals
- Identify product opportunities to expand Spreedly’s addressable and obtainable market, and model revenue impact
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in computer science or engineering preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new MacBook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.