Durham, NC or Remote, US /
Professional Services /
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
Spreedly is seeking an experienced Support Engineer to join our team, learn all about Spreedly and begin contributing quickly. Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.
We are looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates the ability to prioritize, present solutions and take initiative. You listen with curiosity and a desire to learn, are patient and can see the big picture.
A typical day might include running API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue, combing code (a lot of Ruby) to verify product behavior, updating documentation to provide clarity on said behavior, and running scripts to unblock customers. Outside of the queue, you’ll have opportunities to own projects that help our team scale and develop new skills.
What you'll do
- Research and troubleshoot implementation questions and issues, driving self-service where possible
- Create and maintain documentation to aid in customer education and self-service
- Assist new customers in the migration of their data to Spreedly
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests, deeply understanding the customer use case, value and impact
- Provide early feedback on feature development, training and documentation
- Discover, analyze and communicate gaps in the customer experience
We're looking for someone with
- A history of supporting technical customers
- Excitement for how quality customer interactions drive business growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive and take ownership in loosely structured environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages and technologies
Nice to haves
- Web development experience
- Experience at a growth stage SaaS company
- Experience supporting developers
- Familiarity with the payments industry
What we offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all in office and in-person company meetings, including mandatory quarterly all hands event.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.