Product Manager, Core Services
Durham, NC or Remote, US /
Product Management /
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
You'll join our fast growing Product team as an early innovator in the craft of the product management at Spreedly. This role affords a unique opportunity to take immediate ownership of an existing product team, while simultaneously helping to shape the product development culture, structure, and processes as we scale the department. You'll work with the Product team to develop and refine our overall product strategy, discover and define new product and revenue stream opportunities, and build best practices for product development from inception to go-to-market.
As a Product Manager, you possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You thrive at communicating with all areas of the company and serving as the internal and external evangelist for your product.
Tactically, you will drive and support a product development effort focused on supporting, scaling, and innovating our core payments platform services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, business stakeholders, and technical teams to assess value, technical dependencies, and feasibility of product ideas
- Prioritize requirements to best meet customer and business needs. Own the product backlog and lead grooming sessions with the squad. Coordinate downstream releases so that current customers, prospects, and staff are aware of(and ideally excited by), trained on, and engaged with the evolving features and products
- Collaborate with engineering on product design to ensure products deliver a simple and elegant user experience to developers, business users, and cardholders
- Lead the team in setting measurable and achievable short- and long-term goals. Provide regular feedback on progress toward team goals and objectives
- Gather product feedback - conduct user interviews, coordinate usability testing, monitor usage metrics, etc. Ensure methods of measurement are included in product plans in order to measure impact
- 2+ years B2B software industry experience
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and release process
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical customers and stakeholders
- You’ve built API based products and launched complex systems at scale
- You enjoy understanding and working with complex financial technology and service providers
This role is open to remote candidates, however preference will be given to candidates local to Durham, NC as well as in the eastern timezone.
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.