Technical Account Manager
Durham, NC or Remote, US
Account Management /
Spreedly is the world's leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
We now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
As a Technical Account Manager at Spreedly, you will serve as a trusted advisor and day-to-day technical contact for our customers. Our Technical Account Managers are highly skilled problem solvers with expertise in payments, our product, and relationship management. As trusted advisors, they offer guidance, planning, and oversight during the adoption (onboarding and implementation) and post-launch (expansion and renewal) phases of the customer lifecycle.
Technical Account Managers act as advocates for both customers and Spreedly. They serve as a feedback channel for our product development teams and promote Spreedly's capabilities and features to improve quality, increase efficiency, and deliver new value to our customers.
Technical Account Managers are always on the lookout for growth opportunities and know how to maximize value for both Spreedly and the customer. To achieve this, they build strong relationships, stay up-to-date with industry trends, and develop a deep understanding of the customer's business, payments, and technical landscape. They also create and maintain a comprehensive strategic account/success plan to ensure the customer's success.
- Communication and Planning - Regularly review clients’ business priorities and growth strategies to build account plans that ensure success in support of those strategies
- Retention - Protect and grow renewal revenues by ensuring that clients are deriving maximum value through their use of Spreedly
- Growth - Track clients’ growth projections against current usage and initiate contract upgrades in a timely manner
- Experience in, and technical knowledge of, the payments industry
- 3-5 years of technical consulting, customer success, or account management experience, with assigned growth targets
- Experience working and building relationships with technical customers/end users, who are primarily developers, using an API to support commerce businesses
- Track record of account expansion and growing contract value
- Ability to drive value at the executive level and also interact with engineers or developers. Comfortable working with a wide range of personalities and people
- Prior experience at a growth-stage SaaS company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities
- A curiosity for learning about payment strategies and growth drivers for key accounts
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new MacBook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ in Durham, NC for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does - handling payment data - finalist candidates must complete a successful background and reference check.
Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. At this time Spreedly is unable to provide sponsorship for employment. In order to be considered for employment, applicants must be currently legally authorized to work in the US and not require future sponsorship in order to continue working in the US.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.