Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Finance & HR
The Revenue Cycle Director will be the catalyst for continued organizational growth and success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all functions of Payer Billing, Provider Billing, Collections, and Cash Posting
- Maintain and ensure compliance with our Client and Provider contracts
- Ensuring payments are contractually accurate and timely
- Identifying Payer reimbursement trends and reviewing findings with Senior Management
- Ensuring timeliness and accuracy of various activities and functions in accordance with established standards, regulations, quality control and budgetary guidelines
- Manage month end close with Finance Department
- Write, generate and evaluate a variety of reports for financial and managerial audits and performance standards
- Monitor and approve charge and payment adjustments
- Responsible for timely submission of claims
- Provide strategic leadership of short and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the Company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organization structure within the business unit
- Facilitate communication and coordination with cross-divisional teams, customers, vendors and/or third parties to ensure the effective exchange of necessary information
- Provide appropriate training for the team to ensure the maximum efficacy and efficiency of operations within the assigned functional area
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization
- Provide technical guidance
- Assist with various projects as assigned
- Language Ability – Reads and interprets documents, Ability to write complex reports and correspondence.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information
- Verbal Communication – Talks to others to convey information effectively
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving complex variables.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Accounting – Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources
- Attendance/Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions
- 6+ years related experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager or Director in a Revenue Cycle role
- Intermediate to advance MSExcel skills
- Advanced knowledge of Billing and Collections for Workers Compensation preferred
- BS Degree in Business Administration or related field required