Senior Data Scientist
New York, NY
Analytics & Research
At Spreemo we believe that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses and poor outcomes. Using that approach, Spreemo has helped tens of thousands of injured employees at Fortune 500 companies recover better, faster, and more affordably, fueling our rapid ascent as one of the 100 fastest-growing tech companies in North America. Join the brightest minds in medicine, technology, and venture investing in our fight to democratize access to high-quality, cost-efficient care.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Data Scientist at Spreemo, you will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented Data Scientists, Statisticians, Healthcare Economists/Epidemiologists, and Big Data Technology Experts. Together, you will create new and improved methods for assessing and predicting the quality of care delivered by healthcare providers and determining the impact that care quality has on overall patient outcomes and cost. In addition, you will develop related analytics tools for the payers, providers, and patients who use Spreemo’s platform to facilitate and coordinate delivery of care. You will have the opportunity to work with unique healthcare datasets that cover all phases of care delivery (referral, diagnosis, therapy, and outcome/follow-up) from the perspective of all key stakeholders (patients, providers, payers).
Your responsibilities will include helping to further build and extend the data analytics environment at Spreemo. You will be implementing data pipelines for ETL, data integration, and data exploration. You will develop regression and machine learning models for classification and prediction. Your responsibilities will also include helping to shape Spreemo’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities and helping to lead and mentor junior members of the analytics team.
- PhD or Master’s degree from elite institution in relevant technical discipline
- 5+ year’s work experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with regression and machine learning models for classification and prediction
- Experience with methods for feature selection, dimension reduction, and quantifying goodness of fit
- Experience implementing data pipelines for ETL, data cleaning, and data integration
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with unstructured data and NLP
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, and related big data analytics tools
- Experience working with healthcare data
If you're interested in joining a fun-loving team full of people trying to fix America's healthcare system, send us your resume and cover letter, and let us know why you'd like to join our team.