Single Case Agreement Specialist
New York, NY
Spreemo is a fast growing, Manhattan-based company developing a healthcare communication platform that connects doctors, patients and insurance companies. We’re seeking a full-time Single Case Agreement (SCA) Specialist to join our dynamic team.
An SCA Specialist is on the front lines in ensuring patients receive the best possible healthcare in a timely manner. You will be highly engaged with patients, physicians and insurance claims adjusters to coordinate and deliver high quality medical services in communities throughout the country. We constantly strive to give all our partners a seamless and enjoyable experience whether it is over the phone, on the web or in person. A strong work ethic, communication and negotiation skills are important to this position. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift daily. There is so much to learn in the world of healthcare. Persistent, quick learners will excel in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the ins and outs of scheduling diagnostic studies and the business processes behind radiology centers and workers’ compensation insurance
- Negotiate time sensitive, one-time payment agreements with medical providers, both outpatient centers and hospitals to meet required turnaround times all while delivering the best possible care
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in single case agreement process -- patients, insurance file handlers, treating doctors and radiology facilities
- Research and analyze the healthcare market to identify medical practices and physicians for potential partnership leads in geographic areas of need
- Develop a deep understanding of radiological quality metrics, government-issued medical fee schedules and medical practice contracts.
- Interface and develop a healthy working relationship with all company departments, including Provider Partnerships and Revenue Cycle Management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Strong negotiation skills and/or previous sales experience
- Ability to operate in fast-moving environment and willingness to learn and adopt new strategies
- A genuine and positive phone manner and effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and a passion for getting results and helping others
- Ability to work from 11:00am to 7:30pm ESTT
- Previous experience negotiating payment agreements with medical providers
- Understanding of medical fee schedules
- Understanding of workers’ compensation law as it relates to managed care
- Understanding of diagnostic testing services
- Understanding of medical terminology (CPT codes, ICD-10 codes, etc.)
Our SCA Specialists are full-time employees, with a competitive salary as well as great benefits. Benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and paid time off.