Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
Who are we?
At Spreemo we believe that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses and poor outcomes. Using that approach, Spreemo has helped tens of thousands of injured employees at Fortune 500 companies recover better, faster, and more affordably, fueling our rapid ascent as one of the 100 fastest-growing tech companies in North America. Join the brightest minds in medicine, technology, and venture investing in our fight to democratize access to high-quality, cost-efficient care.
Who you are:
We’re looking for engineers that give a damn about making the world a better place, and want to be surrounded by people that wake up every morning feeling the same way. We also expect you to care equally as much about honing your craft, always seeking to learn new and better ways of building and testing features that make a difference. You’ll be responsible for spearheading the development of user interfaces, business logic, and full-stack integrations within the web app through which our customers refer injured employees.
In particular, you'll have:
- 5+ years of development experience, with at least 3 years in Ruby on Rails
- Outstanding communication skills. You can clearly share ideas with remote and on-site engineers and other teammates across email, Slack, video calls, and pull requests
- Experience building features that matter in an agile development environment
- You’ve talked to stakeholders to tease out requirements. You’ve written first drafts of code on your own, and made them better with feedback from your teammates. You write elegant, correct, fast, and highly testable code
- A strong enough grasp of both Ruby itself, as well as the Rails framework, that you can help with code reviews and mentor Junior and Associate Software Engineers
- Well-founded opinions that can be verbalized, and yet are able to change your mind based on new information
You may also have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Docker
- A thorough understanding of full-stack security
- A background in healthcare or financial services engineering
What it's like to be on the team:
- We come to work each day and actually fix healthcare by democratizing access to high-quality, cost-efficient care
- We move quickly in innovative, independent teams that build features that matter
- We’re obsessed with testing and code quality - we care about our systems, users, and patients!
- We are always learning, teaching, and growing
- We apologize for and learn from our mistakes
- We have a culture of trust, continual improvement, and mutual support
Things We'll Give a Great Rails Developer
- Competitive compensation package and health benefits
- Collegial team environment with a fast-growing company
Our Senior Software Engineers are full-time employees, with a competitive salary, as well as stock options and great benefits. Benefits include: medical + dental insurance, FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, lots of paid time off, and Macbook Pro + XL monitors.