Vice President of Transportation
Lincoln, NE /
Supply Chain – Transportation /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Supply Chain department consists of Operations, Transportation, Inventory, Fulfillment and Reverse logistics. Supply Chain is focused on providing the best experience regardless of where goods are manufactured or shipped from. The goal is to delight our customer’s needs by providing next day delivery across the country.
As the Vice President of Transportation, you will:
- Be responsible for the domestic and international transportation network including less than truckload (LTL), truckload (TL), intermodal (IM), parcel freight, and domestic transportation coordination.
- Lead in development of future state distribution and transportation network design.
- Utilize data to validate, analyze, interpret and deliver performance objectives to support strategic company direction and growth plans.
- Effectively build vision and priorities, driving strong engagement and delivering impact to the organization.
- Build out the team to support driving service and cost initiatives across all aspects while partnering with internal and external partners.
- Develop short and long-term plans across the business with a focus on execution and automation of systems and data.
- Continually explore ways to improve our network efficiency, shaving time off transit, cost and process.
- Meet safety standards in any process we complete, knowing the regulations and requirements and informing/training stakeholders to ensure we remain compliant.
- Create, manage and execute scorecards to ensure lofty goals are met.
- Develop and execute the roadmap that will equip Spreetail to continue to compete in the e-commerce space; with opportunity areas including next day delivery, line haul ownership, transportation ownership and partnership with vendors for shipments.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical background in computer science/engineering/math a plus.
- 5-10 years of distribution and transportation experience in retail or similar environment.
- Quick decision-making and effective communication in a fast-paced, high volume organization.
- Expansive exposure in contract negotiations. Specifically, with major small parcel carriers, freight carriers and day carriers.
- Operating in a goal-setting environment, with the focus on enhancing performance.
- Utilizing a Transportation Management System and Freight Audit System including inquiry and report writing.
- In Last Mile delivery, specifically building or owning internal transportation units.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.