DevOps Engineer III
Lincoln, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Increase overall system reliability and reduce the impact of bugs/outages across a complex software ecosystem.
- Mine and share data on performance and availability of new and existing software systems.
- Automate and harden deployed software and processes, and reduce the average time to deploy new software.
- Work collaboratively with software teams to create high-quality software.
- Contribute to projects and tooling that impact all software teams.
- Share technical knowledge and promote technical growth throughout the department.
- Collaborate with teammates and other teams to make decisions based on data collected and analyzed.
- Promote best practices in software infrastructure through examples and teaching.
- Drive continuous improvement of established processes.
- Mentor DevOps Engineers to support growth.
- Take initiative to identify both intentional and non-intentional technical debt and appropriately manage technical debt across multiple teams.
- Establish, maintain, and improve quality standards across teams.
- Influence and champion change to technical infrastructure and processes aligned to organizational planning priorities following change management processes.
- Ensure planning and change management activities provide value across the organization.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of software engineering with a DevOps focus.
- Passionate about Site Reliability and overall system reliability.
- Able to lead projects with multiple Engineers across various teams.
- Experienced developing systems with multiple software and determine most appropriate architectural design patterns.
- Experienced with Continuous Integration/Deployment (Travis CI, Teamcity, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Octopus Deploy, etc.).
- Passionate about Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Knowledgeable about Application and Server Monitoring (Prometheus, Graphite, Bosun, etc.).
- Familiar with development in .NET Framework.
- Talented with script languages.
- Passionate about testing.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.