Sr. Marketplace Merchandising Manager
Lincoln, NE /
Channels – Marketplace Merchandising /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail’s Marketplace department is the connecting link from products to our customers. The team partners with ecommerce giants such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Ebay to deliver tens of thousands of online purchases daily to customers nationwide. The team drives millions of dollars of revenue while growing our existing business through search marketing initiatives.
As a Sr. Marketplace Merchandising Manager, you will:
- Lead, educate, and motivate a highly engaged team of marketplace merchandising managers, who are results-oriented and build highly effective brand strategies across our marketplace platforms.
- Directly manage merchandising managers and perform bi-annual evaluations of their performance and goals.
- Create and implement marketplace merchandising best practices that are competitive across multiple selling platforms: Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, etc.
- Evaluate brand performance, develop industry leading marketplace strategies and sell our merchandising programs to key partners, through our experience and impact.
- Be at the forefront of the next opportunity in ecommerce and lead conversations with our marketplace management team.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders: Marketplace & DSV Managers to test new advertising and merchandising opportunities, and to guarantee newly launched product and top brand partners are at the forefront of new opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with Content to drive marketplace SEO strategies to newly acquired brand and product launches.
- Partner with vendor management, business development and acceleration to ensure internal partners are equipped and confident in the actions our team takes and the results we produce.
- Develop effective processes and standards to prioritize and manage the work our team produces, reporting on results and managing vendor accounts.
- Clearly communicate where our business is going and how we are going to achieve results. You will develop long term initiatives and objectives with your manager to align with these goals with merchandising. You will build a plan to achieve these goals. You continually evaluate goals, processes and team headcount to scale our team with our overall business.
- Innovate and drive process improvements to scale efficiency and quality of team.
- Participate in evaluating advertising campaigns, performing brand pitches, auditing items to continually evaluate the performance, efficiency and quality we are producing as a team.
Who you are:
- Experienced in e-commerce, marketplaces, and digital marketing (5+ years)
- Positively driving results through ecommerce metrics: Clicks/Sessions, Conversion Rate, GMV, Contribution Margin.
- Experienced in A/B testing and have proven strong results.
- A strong leader. You have led a team of 5+ people including other leaders and production teammates.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- An excellent problem solver and critical thinker.
- Able to take initiative and lead a project from idea to success with minimal guidance.
- Able to flex from high level strategic thinking to detailed execution.
- Results-driven and able to prove strong results and impact you've made.
- Experienced in creating marketing materials and pitching to a group of potential partners.
- Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
- Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
- Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
- -Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- -Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
- 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
- Paid Time Off: untracked time off.
- Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
- Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
- Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
- Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
- Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
- year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
- Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
- Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.