Systems & Security Compliance Analyst
Lincoln, NE /
Software & Technology – Security /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Life at Spreetail
Working at Spreetail is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history. We take on challenges that others would call impossible because we have a team of amazing, talented people who collaborate and think bigger together. At Spreetail, you’ll create deep, personal connections and challenge yourself to achieve your most ambitious goals.
As a Systems & Security Compliance Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for information technology and security risk, governance and compliance duties.
- Establish and nurture business relationships with cross-departmental stakeholders to help drive maturity, capability, and formality into Spreetail’s current framework.
- Assess, help build, validate, document and support the implementation of internal controls as part of on-going compliance efforts (e.g., NIST, SOX, ISO27001, etc.).
- Identify and report control nonconformities that affect Spreetail’s strategic compliance objectives and make recommendations to stakeholders, aimed to reduce the likelihood of control failure.
- Assist the team with reviewing and tracking outstanding information security findings and remediations, especially as they relate to policy, procedures and risk gaps.
- Participate in driving education and awareness of information technology and cyber security-related risks to the business, its employees, various teams and reviewing the Information Security Controls implemented in the organization.
- Participate in making recommendations to ensure effective and consistent control implementations and testing procedures
- Lead and conduct Information Security and IT Control Reviews to ensure operational effectiveness with applicable laws and regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Take initiative in unforeseen or difficult situations and truly own your area. Ask for help if you see an opportunity but don’t know how to approach it.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure plans and activities reflect departmental and/or organizational needs
- Set aggressive goals and have high standards for yourself and our organization
- Effectively use your resources to meet business goals and objectives
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in the field of Information Security, Computer Science or other information technology related discipline
- 4-6 years, experience in information security or related domain.
- Experienced with IT Control Frameworks ideally related to NIST, SOX, and ISO 2700.
- Experienced in evaluating technical, physical, and administrative control implementations across environments including LAN, WAN, and cloud solutions such as GCP, Azure, AWS.
- Hold certifications, such as, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM, or related GIAC.
- Knowledgeable of security control frameworks, concepts, deployment architectures, and responsibility models.
- Able to translate technical concepts into business terms.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to identify opportunities to reduce risks impacting organization's security posture and escalate issues to management and senior leadership where required.
- Skilled in creating and generating status and metrics report that can provide meaningful context to drive informed decisions.
- Detail oriented and a self-starter with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and adjust to shifting business priorities.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.