Manager of Vendor Managers
Lincoln, NE /
Vendor Management – Vendor Management /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail’s Vendor Management team owns a key role in advancing our category’s business agenda and pushing strategic business decisions by collaborating with internal teams and developing long-term relationships with our vendor partners. The team is tasked with driving profitability and margin expansion while owning the vision and ecommerce strategy of multiple categories.
As a Manager of Vendor Managers, you will:
- Coach, develop, and manage a team of 2 to 5 Vendor Managers and Sr. Vendor Managers to get better outcomes over time.
- Manage a collective book of business and full P&L, while managing your own individual vendor accounts.
- Own the vision, strategy, performance, and overall success of a book of business in order to maintain and exceed long-term profitability goals
- Build strong relationships with top-tier vendors and represent Spreetail when meeting with decision makers.
- Execute extensive negotiations with vendors to obtain the best pricing, volume, etc.
- Strategize profit growth opportunities by analyzing data and identifying selection gaps.
- Ensure high level accuracy and timeliness with team’s orders.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Support the team in building their strategic plans for their vendor partners.
- Push the team to exceed YOY growth plans and foundational goals while maintaining healthy profit margins.
- Retain and develop direct reports to take on greater levels of responsibility.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years experience managing accounts.
- You have history of managing a high impact team.
- You have experience in vendor management and retail buying.
- You have managed P&L's and KPI's.
- You have strong public speaking abilities/ presentation skills.
- You have a history of implementing cross-functional processes and strategies to ensure business success on the team.
- You have retail & ecommerce merchandising experience (preferred).
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.