Sr. Director, Product Content Operations
Lincoln, NE /
Channels – Marketplace Merchandising /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail’s Marketplace department is the connecting link from products to our customers. The team partners with ecommerce giants such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Ebay to deliver tens of thousands of online purchases daily to customers nationwide. The team drives millions of dollars of revenue while growing our existing business through search marketing initiatives.
The Sr. Director, Product Content Operations owns the process and efficiency of our item set up. You are highly organized, driven by process improvement, and measure success with data and service levels. You own the initial collection of item data from our vendors, the quality of our product copy, and dropship item set up.
As a Sr. Director, Product Content Operations, you will...
- Lead the end-to-end item building process including: structured data set up, copywriting, and enrichment for DSV channels.
- Possess proven success in driving process efficiency in ecommerce merchandising operations.
- Own the software roadmap to build a content management system that manages the entire item build process.
- Collect the structured data required to build items from our vendors.
- Own attribute collection to ensure item attributes are 100% complete and accurate. This is critical for our channels’ algorithms to detect our items in search.
- Lead the vision for the item set up process in Vendor Portal to make item set up intuitive for our vendors.
- Ensure the quality of the data collected from our vendors enables the copywriters to efficiently write product descriptions.
- Responsible for items being launched in 24 hours from copy being completed.
- Responsible for the objective content quality metric.
- Ensure the team is prioritizing items that will have the greatest impact on GMV and CM%.
- Continue to build software product roadmap to make the enrichment process faster.
- Own workforce planning and the hiring plan to ensure we hit our item SLAs.
- Build out the needed metrics to measure individual performance and efficiency within the workforce model.
- Develop training and career development programs for our team members. Focus on the career paths for our entry level positions.
- Take ownership for the culture of the team and the long-term vision of the team.
- Lead long-term planning within the team, prioritization, goal setting, and expectation setting.
- Support and challenge your peers and the department head.
Lead the Item Operations team:
Lead our Copywriting team:
Lead the DSV enrichment team:
Who you are:
- Demonstrated leadership of a team of 20+
- History of success leading a merchandising operations department
- Has collaborated in developing the product vision and roadmap alongside a product team
- Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
- Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
- Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
- Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
- 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
- Paid Time Off: untracked time off
- Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
- Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
- Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
- Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
- Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
- Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
- Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.