Sr. Demand Planner
Lincoln, NE /
Supply Chain – Inventory /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Supply Chain department consists of Operations, Transportation, Inventory, Fulfillment and Reverse logistics. Supply Chain is focused on providing the best experience regardless of where goods are manufactured or shipped from. The goal is to delight our customer’s needs by providing next day delivery across the country.
As a Sr Demand Planner, you will:
- Drive the monthly forecast consensus process for accounts assigned by engaging the entire cross functional team resulting in short and long-term demand plans.
- Evaluate historical demand patterns, use experience and statistical knowledge to implement optimal models to represent the best future demand forecast pattern.
- Understand market dynamics and latest marketing and supply plans (promotions, distribution changes, supply constraints, etc.) and make value-added modifications to the statistical demand forecast.
- Represent Demand Planning in Divisional Vendor Management meetings and further enable Brand level accuracy results.
- Collaborate with Vendor Management and Supply Planning teams on seasonal channel buy strategies to support product initiatives, maximize in-stock, and inventory productivity.
- Be responsible for demand forecast variance reduction as compared to actual demand, driving variance to less than 5% of planned cost of goods sold.
- Encompass a basic understanding of all supply chain processes and the downstream effects demand planning has on the process.
- Report on forecast accuracy and leads the refinement and improvement of forecasting process, tools, and systems to improve results.
- Support annual planning processes for designated suppliers.
- Present demand findings that drive understanding, alignment, and informed decision making
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Planning, Information Systems Management.
- MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
- 4-7 years of experience in Demand Planning or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations.
- Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions.
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Familiarity with the principles of statistical demand forecasting methods.
- Experience in high growth and high SKU demand planning company.
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models.
- Proficient in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software.
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.