Sr. Security Systems Engineer
Austin, TX /
Software & Technology – Security /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Life at Spreetail
Working at Spreetail is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history. We take on challenges that others would call impossible because we have a team of amazing, talented people who collaborate and think bigger together. At Spreetail, you’ll create deep, personal connections and challenge yourself to achieve your most ambitious goals.
As a Sr. Security Systems Engineer, you will:
- Use industry-leading expertise and understanding of information and security technology to develop solution architectures and blueprints based on business, technology and security objectives.
- Serve as the primary security architect on all initiatives.
- Resolve security architecture/design issues across multiple teams.
- Focus on addressing top cyber security priorities and transformation projects.
- Operate as a technical subject matter expert and advise project teams regarding integration with multiple cyber security technologies.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information.
- Proactively seek out better solutions and architectures while actively probing our environment for weaknesses.
- Know current, future, and relevant technology in terms of right fit for our environment and technical maturity.
- Drive change through the discovery and refinement of new ideas that put in standardization and automation through our enterprise.
Who you are:
- Technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies preferred (such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, SANS/GIAC, CERT)
- 15+ years of relevant experience with 4+ years of experience in enterprise environments
- Advanced level knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods
- Advanced level knowledge of network traffic analysis methods.
- Knowledgeable of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies.
- Advanced level knowledge of how traffic flows across the network
- Knowledgeable of security system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Familiar with what constitutes a network attack and its relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledgeable of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture.
- Experienced with different classes of attacks (e.g., passive, active, insider, close-in, distribution attacks).
- Knowledgeable of cyber attackers (e.g., script kiddies, insider threat, nation/non-nation state sponsored).
- Experienced with system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
- Knowledgeable of cyber attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Experienced with network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.