Director of Compensation and Benefits
Lincoln, NE /
People & Culture – HR Business Partner /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The People & Culture team consists of Talent Development, Recruitment, People Operations, Employer Brand, Business Partners, and Community Impact. Our purpose as a team is to maximize capacity and performance of our talent to make bigger dents within ecommerce and our communities. We ensure smooth functioning, scaling, and success for the organization.
As Director, Compensation and Benefits you will:
- Manage team of HR professionals across United States and Canada.
- Ensure team is providing effective, timely and clear communication to employees and external partners (auditors, brokers, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and creates best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Implement the HR processes to scale the company: from internal benefits administration to employee retention to developing and delivering all necessary HR policies.
- Design company policies and procedures to support both culture and organizational maturation.
- Partner with Business Partners to align processes related to investigations and employee relations (harassment, discrimination, etc.).
- Support the resolution of complex people and employee relations issues.
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements using employee, market and financial analysis.
- Partner with brokers/vendors to review, update and administer benefits policies and programs, ensuring programs are competitive, compliant, and scalable
- Provide oversight and review of consulting, immigration (work authorization), relocation, and travel services.
- Review and update our employment contracts, agreements and handbooks.
- Track and report on compensation and benefits benchmarking data.
- Manage equity program documentation and audit processes.
- Monitor payroll processes for improvement and compliance.
- Supported through financial analysis, propose total rewards and compensation plan revisions that align with internal business objectives and external benchmarking.
- Analyze data to track and report on the performance of our HR team against our internal and external goals; establish working norms and target SLAs / KPIs for the HR team
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
Who you are:
- You are an expert in understanding the business.
- You are a leader and have 5+ years' experience managing an HR team
- You are experienced with US and Canadian-based HR management required
- You are experienced with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- You are experienced in designing compensation and benefits programs
- You have Industry certification (CEBS, CCS) a plus
- You have knowledge of labor legislation
- You have a very high degree of analytical skills and advanced abilities using Excel
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.