Lincoln, NE /
Finance – Accounting /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Accounting department consists of teams focused on Accounts Payables, Revenue, Freight, and Inventory. The goal of this team is to account for every financial transaction related to the company and its activities, understand why these transactions occurred, and find ways to improve the company’s profitability.
As an Accountant, you will:
- Execute month-end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for fixed assets, payroll/benefits, and bank accounts.
- Analyze assigned monthly financial statement accounts against prior month and prior year actuals.
- Document policies and processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Execute tasks in an ambiguous and dynamic business environment to meet company, department, and team metrics.
- Document business processes and recommend process improvements.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to resolve issues.
- Gather data, create reporting, and provide analysis that drives action.
- Complete all required People & Culture trainings, self-reviews, surveys, and upward feedback.
- Discover process improvements to increase team efficiency and accuracy.
- Act as a liaison for applicable software projects.
Who you are:
- Passionate about peer relationship building, team engagement, and keeping a positive attitude. You are able to refer external talent to open Spreetail positions.
- Always having a team mindset and open to ad hoc requests and special projects from Accounting Management.
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple activities simultaneously to complete projects on time, within budget, and defect free.
- Able to work both independently and in a cross functional team and with various levels within the organization.
- Able to influence and initiate peer collaboration. You can get work done through others.
- Understanding of the operational processes that go into assigned accounts.
- Educated and have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field.
- Experienced in public accounting, have a CPA, and knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced in your Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, match, sumif, table formatting), SQL skills are a plus.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Intellectually curious.
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently.
- Familiar with analytical tools and able to adapt quickly to new technology.
- Able to work and perform in a fun, agile, and fast paced business environment.
- Knowledgeable of a chart of accounts and navigation through GL system.
- A strong problem solver.
- Exceptionally organized with an ability to plan work and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.