Lincoln, NE /
People & Culture – HR Business Partner /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The People & Culture team consists of Talent Development, Recruitment, People Operations, Employer Brand, Business Partners, and Community Impact. Our purpose as a team is to maximize capacity and performance of our talent to make bigger dents within ecommerce and our communities. We ensure smooth functioning, scaling, and success for the organization.
As Payroll Manager you will:
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in payroll team’s objectives, productivity, and processes.
- Own payroll processes/accuracy through leadership of the Payroll team including proper delegation and oversight of tasks.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities for time and payroll functions.
- Be responsible for reviewing bi-weekly, monthly, and off-cycle payrolls for accuracy and committing each payroll run.
- Act as the liaison between Payroll and Finance regarding questions about payroll runs or monthly accruals/balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain the payroll system with correct deduction, pay codes, and general ledger account #s.
- Accrue and calculate employee Personal Time Off in accordance with the company Leave Policy and federal/state regulations.
- Collaborate with Benefits/HR Generalist regarding benefits deduction audits.
- Assist in coordinating with Finance on any payroll audit requests.
- Own the year-end process as it relates to W-2 processing and other necessary items.
- Review all quarterly and annual tax filings prepared by Payroll vendor, including W-2 forms, addressing any exceptions and errors prior to finalization.
- Prepare off-cycle and year-end payrolls to amended W-2 reporting.
- Manage and administrate business registration process for new States and Localities for payroll tax accounts.
- Respond to and liaise with State, Federal, and/or local government institutions on tax notices.
- Prep and prepare monthly reoccurring reporting for People & Culture with People Insights team (Ex. average salary, headcount, hours).
- Collaborate with People Initiatives & Insights team with any data regarding dashboards.
- Serve as the point person for any payroll-related data reporting needs.
- Partner with Finance to maximize any state and local incentive opportunities regarding payroll.
Who you are:
- Experience managing a team and driving their performance is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a payroll position.
- Experience with multi-state, bi-weekly, and monthly payroll.
- Knowledge in year-end tax reporting and 401k/Benefits deductions.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Able to analyze data for trends, errors, or change management.
- Able to prioritize projects against compounding demands.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.