Sr. Assortment Expansion Analyst
Omaha, NE /
Vendor Management – Assortment Growth /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Assortment Growth team is focused on building the company’s pipeline by finding the best partners with the greatest products and growth potential. By identifying, onboarding, and predictably supplying the Vendor Management Division with NEW meaningful and financially relevant vendors and SKUs, this team aims to place $1M in initial purchase orders with our net new partners each month.
As a Sr. Assortment Expansion Analyst, you will:
- Responsible for building and refining the end to end life cycle planning process of SMUs including goal setting, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Determine best practices to identify SMU opportunities with existing vendors, create SMU recommendations and product attributes.
- Establish frequency of SMU reviews with Vendor Managers and standard process to forecast in partnership with supply chain team and market research.
- Be a subject matter expert on the SMU program and advise Vendor Management teams on best practices and negotiations of SMUs with vendors.
- Owns SMU item classification and reporting.
- Identify, define, prioritize, and address market opportunities by using data and qualitative information to recommend SMU items and categories.
- Understand marketplace rules, strategies, variations, and abilities to assess SMU launch strategies.
- Align with core business strategies to increase number of SMU SKUs in our assortment.
- Continuously gather, review, maintain, and analyze SMU performance and recommend changes.
- Manage the collection of data necessary to analyze SMU opportunities from all vendors and understand each vendors capabilities.
- Report and present project statuses and wins/opportunities to leadership and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project success and key deliverables
- Develop partnerships within the organization to engage in cross-functional business initiatives
- Assist with presentations, as needed, to all levels of management.
- Commit to driving results and achieving goals with urgency: setting them, pursuing them and completing them
- Provide guidance and support to the Vendor Management team for increasing SMU SKUs.
- Train, mentor, and support other cross-functional partners who would be directly involved in the end to end process of SMU creation and management.
- Monitor market factors and recommend product categories to pursue SMU opportunities with new vendors who are not yet partners.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years in a data analytics heavy role, building solutions from the ground up that support major business functions.
- You have 3+ years in inventory management/pricing/economic related roles.
- You have a strong Excel skillset.
- You have data visualization skills and experience with PowerBI, Tableau, or similar (preferred).
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.