European Director of Merchandise
Bedfordshire, UK /
Merchandising – Growth /
Spreetail propels brands to increase their ecommerce market share across the globe while improving their operational costs. Learn how we are building one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history: www.wearespreetail.com.
Spreetail is searching for a Director of Merchandising who will help shape the vision, strategy, and trajectory of Spreetail for the long term. We are looking for an expert in ecommerce that knows how to execute those strategies and build a great team along with it. Bring your passion and your insight and you can do great things at Spreetail.
How you will achieve success:
- In this role you will be responsible for driving the results and development of your organization. Here are some things we want you to impact.
- Build belief & commitment to our vision & culture. #1 thing
- Continuously work with our partners to ensure that they like us more tomorrow than they do today.
- Oversee the performance and continuous improvements of existing vendors.
- Vendor Relations
- Build strategies that ensure a winning partnership with our vendors, obsessing over our mutual goals.
- Ensure we are experts in our vendors products and their overall market positions. We should know so much that an outsider thinks we work for them.
- Financial Performance
- Establishes revenues plans by category, vendor and at SKU level for both short term planning and long-term projections.
- Ensure item cost structure supports the overall business operations and profitability.
- Establish vendor programs that align with our operational efficiency needs.
- Category/ Buy Management
- Establishes product assortment strategy to support channel sales growth and channel expansion.
- Drive multiyear planning efforts around our vendor acquisition strategy.
- Build processes to evaluate the right vendors and products to bring, risk assessment and growth strategies for new vendors.
- Collaborate with supply chain and inventory teams to optimize sales planning.
- Assess markets and trends in order to provide insight to teams around future buy opportunities.
What experiences will help you in this role:
- 7 years + Experience in Category/ Buy Management
- Ambitious: Have strong ambition and drive for how big we can be and have the guts and confidence to push the organization forward.
- Know your numbers: we expect you to be able to articulate performance and results effectively.
- Pan and organize: we expect you to be able to Can your time and you team's time and priorities.
- Effective communication: you will need to use many modes of communication internally and
- Externally to achieve success. Ensure you ore swift, create value, and decrease problems.
- Strategic insight: We have big plans; we need you to have the ability think big about Spreetail and the overall external landscape.
- Continuously improving results: We should be getting consistently better each year; we need you to hold your team the highest standard, to coach them& help them get there.
- Vision: we need you to know what we need to look like in the future understand how to get there and ensure we get there
- Hands on & results driven: We are a hands on company. We need you to get in there, work side by side with the team, and help them change the score. Deliver the results with them.
- Emotional Intelligence Have awareness of your strength and weaknesses, know your gaps and how to improve. Ask for feedback from your team and your peers.
£60,000 - £140,000 a year
In an effort to Make Spreetail Better, we hire people that are aligned with our values and are passionate about pursuing ecommerce excellence. We believe the right person can learn what is needed to succeed in their role, so we encourage job applicants to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications listed. We are looking for diverse backgrounds and perspectives, so we don’t require college degrees and welcome non-linear career paths. If this role highlights your experience and gets you excited – please apply!
Not the role for you? Check out additional opportunities to join our team on our job board and sign up for our Talent Community Newsletter for exclusive insights into future openings.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Spreetail, we are relentless in our pursuit of equity and equality, we embrace cultural differences that raise our bar, we pursue the challenges within ourselves to make Spreetail better, and we humbly acknowledge our duty to build and foster an inclusive workplace where all may succeed.
Spreetail is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.