Software Delivery Manager
Lincoln, NE /
Software & Technology – Product Management /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Software Delivery Manager, you will:
- Act as a hybrid scrum-master and project manager, and display the ability to drive toward "done" on projects through our Agile framework.
- Be responsible for our execution of sprints, road map management, and issue management.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile methodology, learning, and iterating frequently.
- Work with project stakeholders to define the road map for any given product and translate into user stories using prioritization methods, documentation, and communication.
- Constantly work across teams to remove impediments/obstacles and identify/remove dependencies.
- Increase the speed and velocity of delivery while constantly delivering value.
Who you are:
- Passionate about working with Product Managers and Squad Leads to define the roadmap and translate that into user stories.
- Eager to facilitate and lead our drive toward issue/incident resolution through triage, tracking and backlog management.
- A servant leader who drives improved team health and improved team processes.
- Driven to create high performing, autonomous, efficient teams oriented around the tactical delivery of the tasks and projects that allow us to meet a larger strategic vision.
- A leader and practitioner who flexibly drives process to achieve outcomes.
- Able to lead and influence diverse, multifunctional teams, working both internally with Toolkit teams and with users and stakeholders across Spreetail to ensure our delivery of products is seamless.
- Strong with communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to navigate ambiguity and changing priorities while proactively defining solutions for the business.
- Able to strategically influence cross-functional teams.
- Experienced helping bridge gap between strategic visions and tactical approaches to delivery.
- Passionate about working in an Agile environment; experience with other project management structures.
- Experienced working with agile ticket tracking systems (such as JIRA).
- Experienced delivering large-scale, enterprise-level projects on time.
- Experienced building high performing, healthy teams.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.