Training and Development Specialist
Lincoln, NE /
People & Culture – Talent Development /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The People & Culture team consists of Talent Development, Recruitment, People Operations, Employer Brand, Business Partners, and Community Impact. Our purpose as a team is to maximize capacity and performance of our talent to make bigger dents within ecommerce and our communities. We ensure smooth functioning, scaling, and success for the organization.
As the Training & Development Specialist, you are part of the talent development center of excellence, which means your work supports the entire organization as a shared service for broad-based programs that will affect all departments throughout the organization.
As a shared resource, you will interact with employees throughout the organization to run specific programs, create organizational wide offerings, and manage talent development resources. You will focus on program execution, training, and instructional design for programs and courses offered to Spreetail employees. You will be aligned with People & Culture and Talent Development to support the employee lifecycle of learning and development to include onboarding and continuous education throughout their Spreetail career. In this role, you will also manage vendor contracts for self-development programing for all Spreetail employees.
As a Training & Development Specialist you will:
- Onboard new employees.
- Manage onboarding mentors.
- Communicate to managers for onboarding expectations to include 30-60-90-day planning and training.
- Build and deliver organizational wide resources, training, and managing the HUB content.
- Create and curate online training for the LMS to include design tools and usage with departmental training teams.
- Coordinate retreats and vendor selection for self-reflection sessions for all employees.
- Co-own the development workshop strategy, coordination and execution.
- Support intern programming, communication, and strategy for the organization.
Who you are:
- 1+ years of Talent Development or HR Experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience supporting employee training programs preferred
- Demonstrated program management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted programs and teams
- Knowledge of and exposure to adult learning methodologies, training success measurement and Training Design
- Knowledgeable in general HR practices
- Knowledge and education of adult learning practices to assist departmental training
- Able to conduct programs for large audiences in person and virtually
- Knowledge and ability to manage class enrollments and track employee participation
- Creation of bespoke learning programs that engage learners and drive performance
- Ability to analyze data
- High level of collaboration and teamwork.
- High level of organization and communication skills in support of the full Talent Development team
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.