Omaha, NE /
Software & Technology – Data Management /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Life at Spreetail
Working at Spreetail is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history. We take on challenges that others would call impossible because we have a team of amazing, talented people who collaborate and think bigger together. At Spreetail, you’ll create deep, personal connections and challenge yourself to achieve your most ambitious goals.
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of Spreetail’s data and how source system changes affect the data warehouse.
- Develop systems and processes to be fast, efficient, and scale to increasing business demands.
- Build excellent relationships with team mates and stakeholders that enable you to build the best solutions.
- Develop, build, and cultivate strong relationships with all stakeholders that are built on trust and respect.
- Collect and analyze system data to guide decisions for feature prioritization, scope, and design.
- Take total ownership results of design, solution, or ways to solve measurable problems.
- Bring energy on a daily basis.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in data warehouse modeling, design, and development.
- 2+ years of experience in ETL tools (SSIS, DataStage, Informatica, etc.) and OLAP tools.
- Very strong with SQL development skills (stored procedures, views, functions, etc.).
- Experienced with on-premises, hybrid, and cloud-based analytical solutions.
- Quick to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experienced with end-user data integration tools (Power Query, Alteryx, etc.).
- Experienced with data presentation tools (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.).
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.