Sr Software Engineer
Lincoln, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will:
- Plan distributed monitoring of solutions at the technical and business level.
- Leverage polyglot persistence from multiple data systems.
- Design and build systems for future expansion.
- Ensure implemented solutions are up to our standards and evolving industry standards.
- Design CI/CD pipelines.
- Influence and champion changes to technical infrastructure and processes aligned with organizational planning priorities following change management processes.
- Collaborate with other seniors to set architectural standards across the organization.
- Ensure planning and change management activities provide value across the organization.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of software design and development experience with an object-oriented programming language.
- Passionate about building relationships with technology partners and business stakeholders.
- Enjoy collaborating and mentoring other engineers, delivery managers, and product managers on projects.
- Passionate about leading projects across multiple teams.
- Able to manage a project while leading 1-5 Software Engineers.
- Advanced understanding of distributed environments.
- Experience contributing to projects and tooling that impact multiple software teams.
- Experience developing systems with multiple software and determine most appropriate architectural design patterns.
- Passionate about mentoring and developing other Software Engineers to continue to grow their careers.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.