Program Manager, Engineering
Lincoln, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering large projects end-to-end that span multiple functional teams examples include quality initiatives, technical training, and compliance adherence.
- Be instrumental in rolling out strategy, processes and programs, advocating within the technology group.
- Lead implementation efforts for training, coordinating across multiple teams to develop optimal documentation and training. Assess needs for supporting services or software to support organizations' learning requirements.
- Hold responsibility for key decision making regarding appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Break high-level business requirements into process requirements in order to align long term vision and alter the vision as needed as business needs evolve.
- Work closely and productively with product management to scope incoming requests.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving; you ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations.
- Track all training efforts utilizing systems across the S&T organization.
- Coordinate the Engineering Internship Program.
- Interface with P&C to build people and communication skills training efforts that are required for S&T’s success.
- Inventory and manage external training resources that are used by Engineering.
- Manage cost and licenses and allocate resources to engineers through partnership with Talent Development in P&C.
- Manage the update to engineering training materials.
- Ensure that Training materials are reviewed and updated on a frequent basis (bi-annual).
- Track feedback on training material for usage and improvement purposes.
- Actively seek feedback on current software, tools and processes and take an active role in building solutions.
- Collaborate with others to smoothly run the agile development process and to ensure understanding and execution of programs across software and technology.
- Support project completion amidst adversity with a positive attitude; able to shift in a quickly changing environment.
- Message and reinforce the vision, purpose and strategy of the Engineering team.
- Demonstrate engagement, promoting a sense of urgency and establishing and enforcing a sense of accountability.
- Able to translate engineering concepts and needs to a common language that business stakeholders can understand.
- Be a trusted technical expert and your teammates and stakeholders learn from you. You are able to translate status, needs and gaps upward to Software and Technology leadership to drive productivity and departmental goal achievement.
- Advocate for continuous improvement within the squads as well as a culture that supports change; Supports overall technical direction of the organization.
Who you are:
- Highly detail oriented and focus on the quality and training of Spreetail’s programs, and continual review of where processes can be made more efficient.
- Passionate about building and maintain great relationships with your technology partners and business stakeholders.
- Able to influence and escalate as needed to drive key business outcomes.
- Committed to lifelong learning and desire to harness the benefits of new technology.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a program management, delivering solutions from the ground up that support major business functions.
- Experienced with scripting or SQL.
- Experienced as a project leadership and committed to continuously growing and maintain your skillset.
- Immersed in engineering functions, understanding the various engineering and business processes.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.