Director of Software Engineering
Omaha, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Director of Software Engineering, you will:
- Build and maintain great relationships with your technology partners and business stakeholders.
- Develop the long-term vision for the tribe and communicate to stakeholders.
- Be a trusted expert who others learn from.
- Lead the conception, architecture, and engineering of Vendor Collaboration software initiatives at Spreetail, ensuring solutions meet current business needs and scale to future expectations.
- Hold the responsibility for building efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- Mentor and lead developers throughout Spreetail, and help them to make the best engineering decisions and gain the best insights.
- Breakdown high-level requirements to align with your products long term vision and alter the vision as needed as business needs evolve.
- Actively present the Product and Engineering road-maps, new features, and advantages to our external community of vendors and channel partners.
- Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience to set and accomplish large engineering goals and ensure the Spreetail brand is seen throughout the solution.
- Position teams of Engineers to meet business demands.
- Collaborate with Leads to ensure high-quality software is being built across teams. Ensures that Standards, Quality and Production Support are being managed by Leads.
- Focus on documenting operations of the software, and actively work with teams to ensure that documentation is up to date.
- Actively seek feedback on current software, tools and process.
- Assist in building the solution.
- Be an engaged member of the Engineering Leadership team and provide leadership, vision, strategy, and guidance on the Engineering team’s initiatives and purpose.
- Actively give and receive feedback to drive team success
- Maintain a positive attitude, so your teammates and business stakeholders look forward to working with you
- Display a high attention to detail and focus on the quality of the divisional and team’s application(s), as well as the continual review of where processes can be made more efficient.
- Have a strong customer service focus.
- Work with external partners/customers, build processes and introduce systems that will ensure that those needs are met, and issues are addressed quickly.
Who you are:
- Experienced being immersed in engineering functions, understanding the various engineering and business processes.
- Experienced successfully leading teams and collaborating with senior level peers across multiple organizations on enterprise level initiatives.
- Strong with software design and architecture skills.
- Experienced in multiple software engineering domains and able to consider multiple ways of designing systems, consider all options prior to implementation.
- Experience in multiple software languages
- Knowledgeable in external facing applications.
- Knowledgeable around security to ensure that check/validations are in place before new services are deployed.
- Fluent in working within an Agile organization.
- Able to work across the organization in a shared services environment to ensure that shared initiatives are coordinated release on time.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.