Sr. Director, Amazon Marketplace
Austin, TX /
Channels – Marketplace Management /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail’s Marketplace department is the connecting link from products to our customers. The team partners with ecommerce giants such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Ebay to deliver tens of thousands of online purchases daily to customers nationwide. The team drives millions of dollars of revenue while growing our existing business through search marketing initiatives.
As a Sr. Director, Amazon Marketplace, you will...
- Lead the Amazon strategy for Spreetail.
- Directly manage the entire team dedicated to Amazon. This includes Operations Management, Brand Success on Amazon, and Amazon Business.
- Set Amazon GMV projections, contribution margin goals, and marketplace fee goals.
- Work with the team to set revenue, ROI, COGS, traffic, conversion, ACOS targets that roll up to our overall revenue projections.
- Approach relationship building with clear strategy.
- Ensure we have weekly calls with Amazon team members across all areas we operate in. We also have frequent in person visits with Amazon to drive our agenda.
- Develop the 3-year vision for the Amazon channel and build a team structure to successfully achieve this vision.
- Focus on executing the 3-year vision and ensure that their team’s near term goals align with this plan.
- Recruit top talent to build Spreetail’s overall Amazon expertise.
- Work cross functionally with leaders across Spreetail in Vendor Management, Supply Chain, Pricing, Business Development, and Software to ensure strategies are aligned.
- Develop talent on the Amazon team to continually identify new opportunities and build a strategy to execute on the opportunity.
- Use data to make informed decisions about the Amazon business.
- Develop key reports with structured data to communicate Amazon performance to the company as a whole.
- Work with the software team and technical project managers to outline the technical needs and vision for the Amazon channel.
- Identify process and system needs to maintain efficiency and accuracy.
- Drive a culture of relentless improvement and teamwork.
- Amazon overall GMV
- Amazon traffic, conversion rate, buy box rate
- Active listings on Amazon
- Amazon performance metrics
Metrics You Will Impact...
Who you are:
- 8+ years of Amazon selling experience
- Experience leading a team
- Extensive amount of relationships with Amazon contacts
- Experience with Seller Central and ideally Vendor Central
- Experience with Seller Fulfilled Prime
- Self-aware - you are an expert in building relationships, and you understand where your strengths/weaknesses are
- A Talent Developer - You develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals
- Proficient in managing and driving a P&L
- Extensive negotiating experience with vendors and marketplaces
- Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
- Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
- Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
- Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
- 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
- Paid Time Off: untracked time off
- Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
- Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
- Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
- Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
- Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
- Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
- Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.