Sr Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Lincoln, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will:
- Mentor Engineer to support growth.
- Provide Manager feedback to Improve team.
- Identify and advocate for addressing technical debt.
- Establish, maintain, and improve quality standards across teams.
- Participate in technical interviews.
- Influence and champion changes to technical infrastructure and processes aligned with organizational planning priorities following change management processes. Ensure planning and change management activities provide value across the organization.
- Identify and review documentation and documentation lifecycle management.
- Design CI/CD pipelines.
- Design and build systems for future expansion.
- Leads design planning sessions.
- Be responsible for ensuring that solutions are implementing agreed upon best practices and evolving industry standards.
- Collaborate with other seniors to set architectural standards across the organization.
- Able to identify opportunities for processes and automation for governance of compliance with standard.
Who you are:
- Able to lead projects with 1-5 engineers.
- Able to lead effort across multiple teams.
- Able to Measure agile development effectiveness and advocate for improvement.
- A member of the on-call rotation.
- Able to Identify root causes to outages that are systemic.
- Accountable for engineering standards.
- Able to collaborate with other Senior Developers to lead the development, documentation, and implementation of standard/best practices.
- Experienced developing systems with multiple software and determine most appropriate architectural design patterns.
- Familiar with testing environments, security, and automation. Understands industry trends and tooling to identify changes needed to support our organization.
- Able to leverage polyglot persistence from multiple data systems.
- Familiar with clients and servers.
- Able to Design large scale distributed environments.
- Able to plan distributed monitoring of solutions at the technical and business level. Identify the business and strategic monitoring needs.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.