Software Engineer II
Omaha, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Software Engineer II, you will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology partners and business stakeholders.
- Create software that can be monitored, analyzed, and optimized to automate.
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers throughout Spreetail to continuously deliver and improve our software solutions.
- Break down high-level requirements in order to deliver software solutions.
- Increase the quality of new and existing software systems.
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of object oriented programming experience (.NET, Java, etc).
- Eager to give and receive feedback on individual skill sets, designs, and code to constantly improve yourself and our solutions.
- Passionate about supporting, collaborating, and growing with other Software Engineers.
- Bring a positive attitude, so your teammates and business stakeholders look forward to working with you.
- Passionate about details and focus on the quality of your designs and software.
- Contribute to projects and tooling that impact all software teams.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers, delivery managers, and product managers on software development projects.
- Strong understanding of clients and servers and practical use of containers and virtualization.
- Basic understanding of distributed environments.
- Skilled in accessing relational databases and able to follow schema patterns and make minor changes to existing schema.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.