Software Engineer III
Omaha, NE /
Software & Technology – Engineering /
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a high powered Software Team. We power Spreetail with our e-commerce software and are responsible for partnering with the business to build scalable, robust and innovative systems. We’re not a “slow moving or outdated” software org. We want team-members to be innovators, disrupters and continue to push our technology further.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Create elegant solutions while partnering with Product Managers and Front End Engineers.
- Get exposure and hands on Web/API Development.
- Have the opportunity to work with data reporting and analysis.
- Integrate with external technologies.
- Develop high level of test automation with a variety of testing practices.
- Create reusable components and tools shared by the entire team (or maybe the world!).
- Collaborate with front-end developers to define interactions between server and browser.
- Pursue continuous improvements to code quality and execution.
- Continuously improve and establish processes.
- Research new technologies and methodologies to drive our forward thinking.
- Build a strong team dynamic to promote collaboration.
- Never be satisfied with the status quo.
- Make Spreetail better every day – support, collaborate, celebrate, and grow with everyone at Spreetail.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of object-oriented software engineering experience.
- Have experience or are passionate about Microservices.
- Experienced with relational and non-relational Databases (SQL, NoSQL, MySQL).
- Experienced in a variety of Testing Frameworks.
- Knowledgeable about Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, Google).
- Passionate and knowledgeable about CI/CD Pipelines.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.