Operations Manager - Mentor Team
San Francisco, California, United States /
Program Operations – Mentor Operations /
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
The greatest strength of Springboard’s model of education is the mentorship from our exclusive community of industry experts, which includes designers, software engineers, and data scientists at premier consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies and top-notch technology companies (e.g. AirBnb, Uber, McKinsey, Apple, Capital One). As an Operations Manager, you will own multiple courses within our verticals (e.g. design, data science) and be responsible for improving KPIs, processes, and the mentor experience. You’ll be the advocate for mentors and have the unique opportunity to significantly shape the development of policy, operations, and our platform. It is a highly creative role where you need to be both strategic and extremely hands-on to acquire and retain a high quality supply of top-notch mentors.
- Own the mentor experience for multiple courses including, community management, relationship management, and special projects
- Establish and achieve KPIs for the community, including engagement, performance, and satisfaction
- Run operational experiments within the vertical and measure the health and ROI of these trials
- Maintain a tight feedback loop with mentor recruiting to ensure high-quality mentor capacity as we scale
- Coach mentors on handling difficult mentor-mentee relationships and help them best support their students
- Collaborate with student operations, project management, course development, and product teams as needed on projects related to your vertical
This job may be for you if
- You have 2+ experience in consulting, business development, or other strategic roles, recruiting, account management, customer service, people operations, and/or business development.
- You have entrepreneurial experience and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done successfully.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and execute on day-to-day tasks and projects.
- You are a strong speaker and comfortable with working with experienced industry professionals.
- You use data to inform decisions on how to maintain the health of the mentor community.
- You know your way around Excel and Spreadsheets and are willing to learn the technical skills needed to succeed in this role.
- You love collaborating with talented people to develop effective solutions together, but also enjoy having the autonomy to work on tasks and projects on your own.
- You'd like working in a fun, curious and intellectually-stimulating environment where we challenge each other and laugh a lot (check us out on IG @springboardlife)
Bonus points if
- You have started your own venture (or tried to get something off the ground!)
- You have previous coaching and conflict resolution experience in a professional environment.
- You have a high-level understanding of data science, design, or software engineering and are hungry to learn more
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.