Senior Product Manager, Learning Experience
San Francisco, California, United States /
Product & Design – Product /
Springboard is redefining professional education for the 21st century through immersive, mentor-supported courses in cutting-edge fields like data science and design. Our self-paced, online offerings give anyone, anywhere access to world-class learning resources, with an emphasis on project-based learning, industry-relevant curriculum, and tangible outcomes. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives.
As the Product Manager, you will guide cross-functional teams to design, build, and improve the Springboard Learning Experience that both delights our customers and drives learning outcomes. You are embedded with a team of engineers, researchers, product designers, and other cross-functional partners. You will be empowered to improve learner engagement and learning outcomes through experimentation, iterative product improvements, and bold new initiatives. This is an awesome opportunity to make an impact on thousands of students’ lives, and you’ll have a great degree of visibility and influence on the business.
- Create seamless user experiences for learners to drive engagement and learning outcomes.
- Translate the Learning Experience strategy into detailed requirements.
- Prioritize initiatives by getting to the crux of the problem/value, make accurate trade-offs, and articulate them clearly.
- Guide cross-functional teams to drive the execution of new features from start to finish.
- Partner with the Instructional Design team to apply the best practices in online learning and pedagogy and drive student learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with the remote engineering team to prototype, build, and launch features.
- Keep stakeholders and teams informed on progress through standups, reports, and presentations.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Instructional Design teams to refine and develop the Learning Experience roadmap.
- Have 4+ years work experience in designing, building and shipping B2C products.
- Are exceptional at product discovery and execution: you know what details matter at each stage of discovery & development; how to translate insights into meaningful action, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- Have experience coordinating projects with cross-functional teams in different time zones.
- Are able to blend data and analytics with empathy and user-voice while designing user experiences.
- Have experience with prototyping software and JIRA, and are familiar with agile methodologies.
- Have strong communication (verbal & written) and people skills, especially with remote engineering teams.
Bonus points if you have...
- Prior experience in Education / EdTech / Healthcare
- Technical background and ability to have collaborative, in-depth technical discussions with engineers.
- Experience using e-learning or other continuous learning products and knowledge of the LMS ecosystem and eLearning API standards.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.