Machine Learning Engineer - Lead Subject Matter Expert
San Francisco, California, United States
Educators – Course Development
At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills. We currently offer courses in data science, UX design, and digital marketing. We’re improving our Machine Learning course offerings, and we’re looking for an expert who has a strong background in machine learning engineering to help us build a rigorous course in the coming months. This is a unique opportunity to put your expertise into action to educate the next generation of technical talents!
The course will be an online 6-month program designed to help students find a job within 6 months of completion. You’ll set the vision to ensure we’re teaching all that is needed to succeed as a Machine Learning Engineer. Your work will include building capstone projects and other materials to define students’ learning experiences.
This role will be a part-time contract role for a duration of three months (starting immediately). We estimate a workload of roughly 20 hours/ week. You can work with us out of our office in San Francisco or remotely. This is a paid engagement.
You’ll work with our curriculum development team to update our Machine Learning Engineering Course.
As part of this role, you will:
- Synthesize feedback and suggest major updates for the current curriculum
- Set the overall direction for the curriculum
- Define learning objectives and course structure (units and projects)
- Collaborate with the instructional designers and other subject matter experts to build the full curriculum. This includes: designing, writing, and building course projects (and associated resources); curating high-quality resources (videos, articles) that effectively teach course topics; writing descriptions that summarize and explain the importance of each topic covered in the course; creating rubrics for mentors to evaluate student work
We're looking for the following experience:
- Currently working as a Machine Learning Engineer. 5+ years of work experience in the software engineering field, DS/ML experience preferred.
- An advanced degree or formal training in Computer Science/Data Science, with ML/DL background preferred.
- Passion for teaching. Previous teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive experiences in hiring and mentoring.
We're looking for the following skills:
- Proficiency in programming and solid knowledge of ML best practices
- Ability to identify the tools and industry practices students need to learn to successfully enter the field of ML/AI
- Proven ability to create projects with clear instructions and documentation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Passionate about machine learning
- Able to work independently and produce high-quality work without extensive collaboration
- A collaborator working efficiently with a diverse group of individuals
- Receptive and responsive to feedback and are willing to iterate on work
- Passionate about education
- 20 hours of work/week for three months, starting immediately
- Must be available to connect synchronously during PST working hours on weekdays
- Can be remote or work from our SF office
The Springboard team of 100 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.