Director of UA & Marketing
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India /
Marketing – Marketing /
Springboard is a fast-growing workforce development startup whose mission is to bridge the world’s skills gap. We offer high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, AI, and marketing. We’ve served tens of thousands of people worldwide, offering personalized mentoring and coaching support to enable our students to achieve real professional outcomes.
Springboard has seen impressive growth over the last 1.5 years in India. We’re now looking for a data-driven, customer-focused Director of UA & Marketing to help us rapidly grow awareness and demand for Springboard’s existing/new B2C programs, as well as build a team and systems that deliver best-in-class demand gen, differentiated positioning, and a compelling brand story.
Marketing is essential to the company’s growth, so you will own aggressive goals. You’ll set strategy, but you’ll also roll up your sleeves. You’ll lead, mentor, and grow our capable team of marketers who need a strategic leader. You’ll be a part of the company leadership team, working cross-functionally with our vertical heads as well as tech, product, and program operations, and reporting directly to the CEO.
Over the next 12-18 months, you will:
- Achieve 100%+ Y/Y growth in qualified student applications, by building a world-class demand-gen program that increases awareness and trust
- Successfully launch 4-6 new programs; build capability to find and tap into new audiences / new verticals
- Deliver compelling product and brand positioning to stand apart in a competitive market, based on deep insight into user needs/motivations, our own product, and market landscape — you’ll work in close collaboration with our business heads and product/curriculum/operations teams
- Build an effective team & systems to navigate rapid growth/change: this includes setting up the right team structure and communications channels; hiring and developing great talent, with an emphasis on feedback and coaching; and a focus on prioritizing the highest-ROI initiatives;
- Establish a clear brand voice and guidelines, based on a keen understanding of users and market
- Discover, build and scale 2-3 proprietary channels that reduce blended CAC-- e.g. PR, content marketing, channel marketing, distribution partnerships or “growth products”
- Are an MBA or equivalent from a premier institution8+ years of experience
- Bring 5+ years of demonstrated success in user acquisition (leading to meaningful revenue growth) at a fast-growing startup; you have an exceptional understanding of paid and organic user acquisition channels, with experience scaling at least one; bonus points if you have driven growth beyond undifferentiated paid acquisition, and have strong instincts around approaching unexplored territory
- Are an exceptional people manager, and have coached both individual contributors and managers to deliver to their fullest potential
- Are exceptional at prioritizing and focusing the team on the highest value opportunities
- Remain excited to be hands-on and scrappy: comfortable with ambiguity, getting your hands dirty, comfortable betting on bold new experiments, prioritizing, and implementing your own ideas when neededBring either product marketing or brandmarketing expertise
- Are a systems builder / strategic first-principles thinker, solving problems by both putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and analyzing dataPossess strong communication skills
- Are passionate about improving education and seriously committed to helping build an organization from the ground up, even if things aren’t always easy
The Springboard team of 200 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, medical insurance, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status