General Manager, University Partnerships
San Francisco, California, United States /
Partnerships – Partnerships /
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
As the General Manager of our newest vertical, you will play an invaluable role by owning the strategy and execution of all business related to our University partnerships. You'll have a great vantage point at the intersection of product, operations, pedagogy, and marketing, and you’ll work directly with the co-founder. The best practices you define will form the foundation for future University relationships and reach thousands of potential new students. We're looking for a seasoned leader who has experience working in the e-learning space with University customers. It’s critical that you are a business all-rounder; can think strategically and tactically; and bring smarts, hustle, and collaborative leadership to the table.
- Business Unit Leadership:
- Provide the strategic direction and leadership for the University Partnerships business unit.
- Ensure the unit is working collaboratively as a team to achieve plan objectives and that each function is performing at optimum levels.
- University Relationship Management
- Build relationships with the key University Partner stakeholders.
- Understand their vision for future growth and explore new opportunities.
- Keep the University Partners posted on new opportunities in their space and on new practices.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the stakeholders at the University Partners to ensure that all aspects of the business are functioning successfully.
- Collaborate with internal functional leaders to ensure best practices are implemented within the business unit.
- Create strategic account plans for all University Partners by understanding both the industry and the University Partner’s long term vision.
- Oversee any contractual payments to University Partners.
- Financial Management
- Manage the portfolio of University Partners against the P&L for every institution.
- Work with the functional leaders to ensure their individual P&L's are following the plan.
- Identify any impacts on P&L because of special requests made by Academic Partner and propose solutions to ensure alignment with P&L
- New Launches
- Provide oversight and accountability for initial program launches with University Partners and introduce internal functional leaders to the University Partner.
- Oversee the implementation of the launch plan to ensure successful launch and University Partner satisfaction during launch.
- Provide regular reporting of key partnership KPIs to University Partners and ensure application trends are leading to achieving goals.
- Work with internal leaders to ensure that integration with University departments is successfully implemented.
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional experience, five (5) of which ideally is in a service oriented consulting or Account Management role serving Higher Education.
- Significant online learning and/or strong consulting experience across a variety of industries.
- Experienced in managing teams and resources in a cross-functional organizational structure.
- You're experienced in managing a P&L.
- You are able to make decisions with a proven track record of decision making.
- Excellent leadership, relationship building, negotiation, communication (written and oral),presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- An ability to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work against resistance to accomplish goals.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.