Sales Operations Support Manager
Sales – Admissions (Sales Operations) /
Are you looking to apply your user-centric thinking to support audacious goals at a rapidly growing, mission-oriented company? Are you excited and challenged by the opportunity to optimize processes while having a real impact on people’s lives? If your answer to these questions is yes, we have an amazing position for you.
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the world’s skills gap. We’ve helped thousands of students learn cutting-edge technical skills like data science, machine learning, coding and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts. Our approach results in graduates getting jobs in their new chosen field making significantly more money!
Success in our career track programs means we need to scale our Sales org with an experienced Sales Operations Support Manager who would like to join a fun and fast paced company, and help drive the team’s dual mission to enable growth while ensuring good student outcomes. We’re looking for a tenacious, systems-oriented professional with excellent communication skills, a champion of our students who also understands sales methodologies and what drives sales processes, and who has strong competencies in problem-solving and people management.
As a function head, you will develop and manage at least 5 Sales Ops Associates who compose a critically important and high performing team in a rapidly growing business. You’ll work closely with the Head of Sales Operations + Admissions to strategize and deliver on team goals, and have an opportunity to help shape the development of policy and operations. We have a strong, vibrant team culture and you’ll need to be a good steward in building and maintaining this culture as we grow—our team puts students first, celebrates human-ness, relationships, and fun, and prioritizes investments in professional development and growth.
- Core Responsibility: Accountable for Sales Ops Support team providing uninterrupted backend support to students moving through the funnel, at defined sales velocity and KPI targets, while executing on strategy to grow and build on the success of our existing operations
- Develop and manage a crucial Sales Ops Support team by: setting goals and objectives and making critical adjustments when needed; training on new tools or processes; providing tactical continuity and clarity on initiatives that overlap with your function; providing oversight and direction on high level Ops fires, fostering communication and problem solving, and building/monitoring the scheduling model
- Identify, assess, prioritize and plan/execute strategic improvements to processes and systems to scale a world-class Sales Ops Support function and make the sales machine go faster
- Regular calibration of subjective Ops evaluations and admissions' rubrics
- Gather and synthesize Sales Ops Support insights and disseminate to key stakeholders, such as Sales leadership, Marketing, Course Development, Career Services, GM’s, etc.
- You have a minimum 1 year of experience at a management level, ideally in sales operations, sales, customer success/service, or a related field, working in a highly cross-functional or user-facing role
- Have excellent communication (verbal & written) and people skills, especially with remote team members
- Have experience working in CRM’s (Hubspot preferred)
- You are quick to grasp new processes and understand their implications for different users.
- You put our students first; you are the biggest advocate for our students in any meeting
- You are a strategic, analytical thinker who is comfortable using data to measure results and inform decisions.
- Results driven (e.g., excited to drive enrollments, excited about mission)
- Have the potential to “scale” with the company and take the lead as we grow
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience within a startup company.
- EdTech experience.
- A background in sales or admissions
- You have managed a team of 5+ people
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.