Alumni Success Manager
San Francisco, California, United States /
Program Operations – Program Operations /
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing higher education and bridging the world’s skills gap. We offer mentor-guided, self-paced online courses in cutting-edge technical skills like data science, UX design and coding. Thousands of Springboard alumni have benefitted from our programs’ unique combination of project-based curricula, 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts, and career coaching, money-back job guarantee, and highly touted student outcomes.
We’re looking to hire our first Manager of Alumni Success to help build and scale a robust alumni experience to engage our thousands of alumni across the globe, fostering a strong community and ensuring that alumni continue to benefit from their Springboard affiliation. Through your efforts, Springboard alumni will feel high levels of pride in and loyalty to the Springboard community. You’ll launch programs and services that will ensure alumni feel supported by Springboard long after they graduate, as they continue to grow, develop and network professionally, and that they broadly benefit from being part of the elite Springboard community.
- Be accountable for delivering a stellar alumni experience, both offline and online, as measured by metrics that you’ll help define (i.e. NPS/CSAT, % of engaged alumni, referral rates)
- Collaborate closely with the GM’s, Product, Placements and Employer Partnerships Team, Student Success Team, Marketing Team and other stakeholders, sharing alumni feedback and insights to improve the overall Springboard offering
- Develop and coordinate programs and projects that are designed to foster alumni engagement and success, such as ongoing continuing educational programs related to specific vertical, skills or career development
- Develop and facilitate programs and projects that are designed to strengthen alumni’s feeling of connection to the Springboard community, such as networking events, information interviewing, job referral network
- Continuously assess the impact and ROI of alumni efforts, in support of developing priorities for future initiatives
- In collaboration with supervisor, build annual roadmaps, with quarterly milestones, for alumni services
- Regularly pulse alumni to understand and prioritize current needs, wants; assess satisfaction with their alumni experience
- Collaborate cross-functionally on programs and projects designed to engage alumni or connect alumni with current or potential students, such as alumni ambassadors, annual data+design+coding conference, geographic alumni chapters, referral programs, sourcing pro bono projects, among other initiatives
- Be the “voice of alumni” within Springboard; advocate to ensure that the alumni voice is represented and considered in company planning
- Identify and forge partnerships that can support and enhance the alumni experience
- Serve as the primary initial point-of-contact for alumni
- Represent Springboard at alumni-targeted events, virtual or in-person
- Maintain strong relationships with our alumni community and help facilitate introductions between network members to add value, including between recent graduates and alumni to help support placements
- Bring 4-6 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting with strong relationship management and program management responsibilities
- Have worked in tech industry, short-term credential programs (bootcamps) or higher ed
- Are passionate about the education to employment connection and genuinely excited about helping transform lives through successful career transitions
- Are an exceptional relationship builder, communicator and have strong project management and, ideally, event planning skills
- Very strong written and verbal comms
- An analytical mindset and comfort with using data to inform decisions
Bonus points if:
- You have experience working in or with alumni organizations
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.