General Manager, Educational Programs
San Francisco, California, United States /
Featured Roles – Featured Roles /
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, data analytics, UI/UX design, and most recently - software engineering. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we’re ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
As the General Manager of one of our newest and highest-potential programs, you will play an invaluable role by owning the strategy and execution of all our software engineering programs. You’ll have a great vantage point at the intersection of product, operations, pedagogy, and marketing, and you’ll work directly with the VP/GM of Data and Engineering programs.
While you don’t need to be an expert software engineer yourself, you will need to track (or already be familiar with) macro trends in the space. It’s more critical that you are a business all-rounder; can think strategically and tactically; and bring smarts, hustle, and collaborative leadership to the table.
- Own accountability for revenue targets, budgets and unit economics for one of our highest potential programs: software engineering.
- Design and execute on the strategic roadmap for Springboard’s software engineering programs, including new launches and curriculum experience improvements, in collaboration with all functional teams.
- Track and own program success metrics like enrollments, retention, completion, satisfaction and career outcomes.
- Proactively follow ecosystem developments that affect the success of the vertical and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Bring thought leadership — internally and externally — on the future of education for careers.
- Engage with third parties and manage relationships, taking a leading role in relationship negotiations, execution and implementation.
- Through daily cross-functional work within the org: (1) ensure smooth course operations by liaising with internal teams and third-party content providers on issues like licensing, pricing, service issues, and billing issues (2) guarantee a unified user experience, including platform and people touch points throughout the student lifecycle, from application till placement (3) solicit, review, process and implement recommendations based on student, mentor, and employer feedback to improve the programs (4) lead cross-functional project teams to launch new initiatives (5) facilitate information flow amongst stakeholders to streamline operations and identify risks or impact.
- Are a strategic thinker, who can drive an ambitious growth roadmap with exceptional student success
- Are a rigorous, analytical, metrics- and data-driven decision-maker, who uses hypothesis-driven thinking to identify problems and drive them to solutions
- Have 4+ years’ work experience in a general or program management role, preferably with revenue accountability; or in an operational leadership role in the coding bootcamp or professional post-secondary professional training space.
- Have a broad understanding of tech company roles to lead cross-functional projects to the desired outcome with attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow-through
- Are comfortable making decisions and trade-offs even in uncertain and rapidly-changing situations
- Are empathetic and collaborative, a team player with extraordinary people skills and highly proficient in written/oral communications
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.