Mentor - Data Engineering Course (Part-Time/Remote)
Mentors – Mentors /
Springboard runs an online Data Engineering Career Track in which participants learn with the help of a curated, project-based curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community - the biggest strength of our programs - comprises experts from the best organizations in the world. The Data Engineering Career Track will have Data Engineers, Data Developers, and other leading data experts at premier companies (e.g. Uber, Pandora, LinkedIn, Apple) and top-notch startups.
If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about Data Engineering, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
Questions? Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completely online and self-paced
- Designed to be completed in 6 months
- Coursework is made up of 450+ hours curated curriculum in collaboration with leading Data Engineering subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world looking to become Data Engineers or apply Data Engineering to advance their careers
- Students learn about Data Engineering with the help of a curated online curriculum, project-based deliverables and a personal mentor
- Students have a weekly 30-minute video call with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Students communicate with mentors outside of calls on an as-needed basis to support learning and career objectives
- Are as passionate about teaching Data Engineering as about Data Engineering itself
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer or Data Developer or related fields (Machine Learning, Data Scientist, etc)
- Azure cloud experience preferred
- Professional experience with SQL and an OOP language like Python or Java
- Have an excellent understanding of fundamental data engineering skills, tools, and concepts including working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark), Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), building data pipelines (batch/streaming, APIs), orchestration (Airflow), and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Have at least 3 years of experience solving real-life data engineering problems, and are comfortable working with large data sets
- Are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins for each student to help them set and achieve learning goals, provide feedback, and help them move towards getting a job
- Are available outside of weekly calls for each student to review projects and answer questions as needed
- Are empathetic and have excellent communication skills, able to break down complex concepts for beginners, and provide meaningful career guidance
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Apple, Uber, and Pandora
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help us revolutionize online education and inspire career changers into Data Engineering!
- Receive a monthly per-student honorarium
- Work at your convenience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!